It’s Recycle Week. And it’s time for us all to take action.
Did you know that…
- 79% of all the plastic ever produced is still in the environment?
- 2050 is the estimated date where there will be more plastic than fish in the sea?
- 60% of UK households are now recycling more than a year ago due to environmental concerns?
So let’s keep up the momentum. Recycling doesn’t need to feel like a daunting task, so we’ve put together our top tips to start you on your way, and how to cut down on all that plastic in your life…
- Separate your recycling at home and learn exactly what you can and cannot recycle: recyclenow.com/local-recycling
- Ditch the plastic shopping bags. Pop into Oxfam and pick up a trusty canvas bag to use instead.
- Need a caffeine fix on the go? Pack a reusable cup and grab a guilt free coffee from Costa.
- Say no to plastic straws. Simply invest in paper or reusable straws from Asda.
Together, we can all make a much needed difference!