Swinton Square is managed by GVA. GVA’s aim is to be the leading and most successful property consultant in the UK. We act responsibly, understanding that the actions we take affect our people, clients, suppliers, society and environment.
We understand our role is to take a lead in developing a positive environmental strategy for commercial property and we comply with environmental law and the RICS Climate Change Strategy. We promote environmental responsibility throughout our business and our offices operate an accredited ISO 14001 environmental management system.
Our work directly affects the way a community develops and we believe that our business should make a positive contribution to the society in which we live. Our teams are actively supported to help with local community projects and a “timebank”system has been introduced for charitable days. Our National Charity Committee harnesses the strong efforts across the business in fund raising for specific projects and good causes.
We place great importance on the health, safety and wellbeing of our people and clients. We therefore conform to the highest practicable standards of health and safety as set out in current legislation. Our people are our most important asset and we strive to provide them with a positive working environment and opportunities to develop their skills.
Trust and respect are integral to our business values and part of that is taking seriously our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility.
We aim to minimise our environmental impacts through the following environmental objectives:
- Energy: To achieve an overall reduction in energy use and therefore our carbon emissions across the whole firm.
- Waste, recycling and resource consumption: To reduce total waste to landfill across UK measured by weight and normalised per employee.
- Travel: To improve the sustainability of our travel across the business in regards to both business travel and commuting.
- Procurement: To develop and implement an effective environmental and ethical procurement programme.
- Training and awareness: Strike to achieve a high level of environmental awareness across the business.
Community and fundraising
- We take our commitment to fundraising extremely seriously and have even won a national award for our efforts, beating some of the UK’s biggest organisations.
- We develop an annual charity campaign with a strong theme to motivate our people to raise money for selected good causes.
- Our staff are also encouraged to support their local communities as well as charities important to them, either by donating their time to volunteer, or raising money.
Health, safety and wellbeing
- Information, instruction, training and supervision are provided as necessary to ensure the health and safety at work of all employees, contractors and clients.
- We are committed to a personal development programme for every employee, ensuring everyone can fulfil their career ambitions with GVA.